MY SELECTION NO. 23 FOR BEST MOVIES OF THE "SIXTIES AND SEVENTIES" IS
"HELL IN THE PACIFIC"
STARRING "LEE MARVIN" AND "TOSHIRO MIFUNE"!!
Hell in the Pacific is a World War II film starring Lee Marvin and Toshirō Mifune, the only two actors in the entire film. It was directed by John Boorman. It looks at the importance of human contact and the bond which can form even between enemies if lacking other contact. The film is a story of two soldiers, one American and the other Japanese, marooned on an uninhabited Pacific island, who, in order to survive, must accept their differences and work together, despite their two countries being at war. There are changes as to which man dominates the other and differences are put aside to build a raft to escape the island. Whilst they reach another larger island, which shows signs of having recently been a Japanese military base, it too is abandoned.
THIS IS THE LIST OF MOVIES I HAVE ATTACHED TO THE PRIOR TWENTY-TWO (22) 1967 ANDERSON YELLOWJACKET YEARBOOK POSTS....PLEASE CHECK MY ARCHIVES (WHICH GOES BACK TO NOVEMBER 2016 WHEN I FIRST BEGAN THIS JOURNAL), OR, JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS TO SEE ALL THE YELLOWJACKET YEARBOOKS I HAVE POSTED STARTING WITH 1954...I HAVE ONE LEFT ON ANCESTRY TO POST....THE 1969 YEARBOOK...WHICH IS VERY SPECIAL...IT INCLUDES MY SOPHOMORE YEAR...IT WAS THE FIRST YEAR I ATTENDED ANDERSON; AND, THERE ARE SPECIAL MEMORIES OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, CLASSMATES, AND COMMUNITY LEADERS WHO ALL HELPED MAKE MY THREE YEARS AT ANDERSON THE UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCES OF MY NOW 64 YEARS....I LOVED EVERY MNUTE I WAS THERE...SO, I AM WORKING HARD ON CREATING A SPECIAL PRESENTATION INCLUDING NOTES...PLEASE LOOK, LISTEN, LEARN, LIKE, COMMENT AND SHARE MY JOURNAL WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS....THANKS!!
- 1. INTRODUCTION / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 1
- 2. ADMINISTRATION / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 7
- 3. FACULTY / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 8
- 4. FACULTY / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 9
- 5. FACULTY / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 10
- 6. FACULTY / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 11
- 7. FACULTY / EYES ON THE PRIZE, PART 12
- 8. SENIORS / COURAGE TO LOVE-VANESSA WILLIAMS
- 9. SENIORS / SIMPLE LIFE OF NOAH DEABORN-SIDNEY POITIER
- 10. JUNIORS / EL HAJJ MALIK EL-SHABAZZ (MALCOLM X)
- 11. JUNIORS / SISTER, SISTER-DIAHANN CARROLL/ROSALIND CASH
- 12. SOPHOMORES / THE CHILD SAVER-AFRE WOODARD
- 13. SOPHOMORES / THE CHILDREN SHALL LEAD-DANNY GLOVER
- 14. FAVORITES / A GATHERING OF OLD MEN-LOU GOSSETT, JR.
- 15. FAVORITES / BOOKER-LEVAR BURTON
- 16. ORGANIZATIONS/ERASER-VANESSA WILLIAMS, A. SWARTZNEGGAR
- 17. ORGANIZATIONS / SILVERADOS-DANNY GLOVER
- 18. ORGANIZATIONS / THE HEART OF TEXAS / SPIRIT OF FORGIVENESS"
- 19. ATHLETICS / A SOLDIER'S STORY-HOWARD ROLLINS
- 2O. ATHLETICS/ACTIVITIES / RAGTIME-HOWARD ROLLINS
- 21. STAFF / ADVERTISEMENTS / THE KINGDOM-JAMIE FOXX
- 22. ADVERTISEMENTS / A FEAST OF LOVE-MORGAN FREEMAN